Friday 12 October 2012

Becoming Mrs Awesome: Harder than I thought

Awesome Mind, Awesome Body, Awesome Time: The best laid plans...

So after four months on the waiting list I finally got Miss Terror and The Snorer into day care two days a week.  The deal is, I have to be studying 15 hours a week and the day care costs are reduced by %70
So with my brain relatively stimulated and worthwhile career prospects on the other side of a 3 year degree I started looking for a Gym. The mall where I used to work is where the babies go to day care and right next door is a Gym, not far off is a library. Can you see a plan forming?
Here was my ridiculously simple plan:


  1. 9:00 am Walk The Talker to school
  2. Catch the bus to the mall
  3. Drop the babies at Day Care
  4. Spend an hour in the Gym
  5. Spend three hours in the Library doing Online Uni
  6. Pick the babies up
  7. Catch the bus to School
  8. Walk the Talker Home
  9. Clean the House
  10. Cook/Feed kids
  11. Put Kids in bed. 
  12. Relax, have fun, get a good nights sleep
Yeah, right. Heres what actually happened during the first week

  1. 9:20 am drag The Talker (crying) to school whilst pushing double pram with two babies, carrying two Day Care bags and a lap top
  2. Missed the bus. went home for an hour, caught the next one
  3. Dropped the babies at day care
  4. Skipped the Gym, Mr Bland had agreed to come with me the next day (It's bring a mate for free month)
  5. Studied for one hour
  6. Realised the omission of breakfast and lunch on the plan, wandered off to food court.
  7. Got a call from the day care, The Snorer is sick can I come and get him. *sigh
  8. Picked up both babies
  9. Got the bus to school, got a flat tire in the pram
  10. Reheated frozen food for the kids.
  11. Put the kids to bed.
  12. The house is a mess, I forgot to make myself and Mr Bland dinner, Stayed up till 1am, and The Snorer screamed and coughed all night. 
Trying to stay positive that It will all work out. If I want to be Awesome I have to be willing to work for it.

CZCAHKCRQY8T


No comments:

Post a Comment