Thursday 11 October 2012

Only you are resposible for your own happiness...

That's what they told me. "Only you are resposible for your own happiness..." 


It started the way all complaints do these days, searching the internet for answers. I'm bored. My life is not up to scratch, bla bla bla. Well it turns out that The old adage "if your bored then your boring" may actually be true. I am Mrs Bland. I have a lovely husband (Mr bland) three beautiful children (The Talker age 5, Miss Terror, 2, and The Snorer, 9months)  I currently don't work, can't drive and suck at being a housewife. Probably because I despise it. So sulking about my lazy husband not helping me more, and complaining every time I get poo/vomit/snot on my clothes isn't really working for me. I barley leave my house (except to walk The talker to school, two minutes away) I rarely dress in anything other than jeans and a tee, I spend the whole day moping and feeling sorry for myself. WTF happened? This isn't how its supposed to be! I specifically remember intending to do awesome things with my life! Here I am, blaming others, pouting and moping about lost chances. I had awesome plans once, and then I fell in love (not part of the plan) but that didn't mean I had to shelve everything to be nothing but a wife and then a mother.
I'm not saying being a wife and a mother sucks, it's just that I want to be defined as more than that. I want to be my own person outside of motherhood and wifedom.
Everything I do is bland. My house is bland, my image is bland, my sex life is bland, even my cooking is bland. Bland Bland Bland.
I don't want to be Bland anymore. I want to be Awesome. I want to do Awesome things, have an awesome body, have awesome sex and live in an awesome home, with my awesome family.


Starting tomorrow I am going to start looking for Mrs Awesome. 

(I'd start now but Its midnight and Mrs Awesome is going to be one of those peppy freaks who gets plenty of sleep and isn't tired all the time like Mrs Bland. )

No comments:

Post a Comment